Monday, May 9, 2011

Hope. Rest. Love

Hopeless. Helpless. Restless. Weary. Unloved. Brokenhearted. Children are starving. People are dying. Families don't have homes. Sometimes, I just want to close my eyes; act like everything's alright, when I know it's not. Well forgive me if I'm wrong, but this looks like more than I can do on my own. I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be. Hands of mercy, won't you cover me? Lord, right now I'm asking you to be strong enough for both of us. I close my eyes, and I can see a better day. I close my eyes and pray, 'cause I know there's sunshine behind that rain and I know there's good times behind that pain. When the waves are taking you under, hold on just a bit longer. This is gonna make you stronger. The pain isn't gonna last forever, and things can only get better. There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary, and love for the brokenhearted.



No comments:

Post a Comment